Website Sheffield City Council
CPV: 45310000, Application Closing Date: 28/06/2017
The aim of this project is to bring approximately 11,250 properties up to a modern day electrical standard by March 2021. Many of our properties have not received electrical works for decades, and the Decent Homes programme did not fund a whole house dedicated programme of electrical works. This 4 year programme – which is identified as a priority in the HRA Business Plan – will therefore include the following works:
Statutory or Regulatory Requirements:
• Install Isolation Switch.
• Carry out an initial periodic condition test and report.
• Address Category 1, 2 and 3 issues identified by the periodic test.
• Ensure earth bonding is adequate.
• Install earth wiring to lighting circuits.
• Install Hard Wired Smoke alarms.
• Carry out final periodic tests.
• Replace consumer unit to provide improved RCD protection
• Install additional sockets and / or improve the spread of sockets.
• Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
• Install external lighting to houses, bungalows & flats.
The Council intends to appoint 2 contractors so those with the highest scores following the tender evaluation will be appointed.