CPV: 73210000, Application Closing Date: 09/06/2017
NHS England is looking to procure a partner organisation to deliver a package of user engagements to ensure that the programme is delivered in a way which takes account of the needs of end users.
The Diabetes Programme is one of the largest clinical programmes being implemented by NHS England, with an investment of over £300 million expected over the remainder of the Parliament. It includes a range of new developments aimed at improving the engagement of people with diabetes with existing services and the potential introduction of new services direct to patients and consumers. NHS England have been working in partnership over the last 18 months to develop and deliver the National Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP). In June 2016, it was agreed that, alongside the Diabetes Prevention Programme (DPP) a wider programme of work around diabetes treatment and care and a number of digital projects would be taken forward.
The requirement is in 5 elements, briefly summarised as consisting of:-
1. Strategy – The development of a detailed user engagement strategy for the NHS Diabetes programme;
2. Consumer Analysis – A report or reports on consumer views/perspectives about the Diabetes Prevention Programme in relation to:
3. Engagement – With consumers to inform the design of a programme of work on digital approaches to diabetes prevention and self-care support for people living with diabetes;
4. Involving people with diabetes – Manage and co-ordinate user and clinical engagement into each of the Programme Board prioritised workstreams, based on the agreed strategy (including the digital workstream); and
5. Sharing good practice – Develop and disseminate good practice information and guidance on user engagement
The key skills required are:
• The capability and capacity to meet the above requirements.
• An understanding of the NHS, public health and the commissioning environment.
• Experience/Expertise/clinical leadership/knowledge of working with type 1 / type 2 diabetes / user and clinical engagement.
• Resource/team to set up a user engagement strategy.
• Previous knowledge of engaging with consumers with regards to diabetes.
• Experience of providing strategic advice for implementation of national policy and of supporting local delivery of national projects or workstreams.