Over the last few weeks, Ordnance Survey (OS) has been called upon to support the Government in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic. From local authorities and emergency services to central government, we’ve been helping them optimise their use of OS and other third-party datasets.
In support of these requests from customers across the public sector, we’ve prepared several datasets that we’ve found can help customers in their Covid-19 response. We’re happy to make these non-standard datasets available to our public sector customers to save you time and help provide a common model and consistent approach for certain tasks.
These datasets can be customised for any region in Great Britain, or specific areas such as local resilience forums.
You’ll find data on:
- The location and addresses of care homes, pharmacies and GP practices
- Supermarket chain areas
- The location of hotels
- The location and areas of car parks
- Hardstanding areas
- Electricity sites and lines
- Transport hubs and networks
Create additional bespoke datasets as required.
Ordnance Survey is providing additional technical support for public sector organisations responding to Covid-19, such as:
- Data linking and improvement – address matching or linking households with the nearest healthcare sites.
- Bespoke data analysis – identifying potential demand on key healthcare sites or access to residential green space.