Lancashire County Council
CPV: 80000000, Application Closing Date: 20/06/2017
Lancashire County Council (LCC) is undertaking the procurement of a service which is intended to provide English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) for adult refugees (aged 19 or over) arriving in Lancashire (including Blackpool and Blackburn with Darwen) as part of the Syrian Resettlement Programme and the Vulnerable Children Resettlement Scheme for two years after arrival in the United Kingdom.
Lancashire's Local Authorities have agreed to resettle up to 575 refugees under the Syrian Resettlement Programme (SRP) and the Vulnerable Children's Resettlement Scheme (VCRS) between 2016 and 2020.
It is the intention that Lancashire County Council will coordinate these programme on behalf of all Local Authorities in Lancashire. The intended objectives of the service are to:
• Undertake an assessment with each learner of their English language capability to determine appropriate support arrangements through provision of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL);
• To ensure that resettled refugees are accessing ESOL provision within one month of arrival and for two years after arrival;
• Provide ESOL classes to learners;
• Coordinate or liaise with other
organisations in each locality (e.g. third sector groups providing 'conversational classes') who provide English language services;
• Provide advice and guidance to learners to enable them to maximise all learning opportunities in the community.